What should you do if CPS takes your grandchildren? (Christina Davis)

Get them placed with a family member as soon as possible. If not you, then someone else. Children are safer with family members who know them and love them already than they are in a foster home. So how do you do that? Get them placed with family. The easiest way is for the parent to tell CPS who their preference is for placement because CPS has to look into the placement that the parent wants. The next thing you should consider doing is hiring an attorney for either the parent or yourself if you think the parent isn’t in the position to get the children back at the end of the case. Just don’t wait too long. The farther along the CPS case is, the harder it’s going to be for the attorney to help the client

Translate »