What do I do if the other parent is not following the court order? (Kristen Senkyr)

If someone is not following a court order after multiple attempts of trying to cooperate with them, you can file a motion for enforcement. Most of the time, motions for enforcement are filed because of nonpayment of child support and noncompliance with the possession and access schedule. When you file the motion for enforcement, you get set in front of the court, tell the court why the other person is violating the court order and seek remedy from the court. Some of the remedies that are available to you are fines, court costs, attorney fees, probation, and sometimes even jail in certain circumstances. In order to determine whether you have a claim for a motion for enforcement, you should seek an attorney who handles this type of case frequently.

Translate »