Can I prevent the child’s other parent from seeing the child if they are behind in child support? (Brian Schmalbach)

And the answer to that is no. However, I can see why people ask me that quite often, and what I usually tell people is that just because one parent is violating an order and not providing support does not mean that the other parent can violate that same order. However, there are a lot of things that you can do in order to get that other parent to start paying the child support or get brought up to current in their child support. And we can certainly take that case on for you and help you with that, but just because a parent is not paying child support does not mean you can prevent them from seeing their children.

Translate »